I’ve probably hinted before that it has been a long winter in these parts. The warm sun is shining, but there are huge mounds of snow yet to melt. And we are currently in the middle of Spring Break for the kiddo. I’m sure we’re not the only ones needing some fresh inspiration for activities, so I’m sharing some of our favourite board & card games to play together.
We’ve got just a *few* game ideas for you. Almost three years ago, Sam really hit a board game/card game stride and it became a great way to spend our time together. Now I’m starting to look forward to him playing some of these games with friends too. And the collection will certainly continue to grow! My three top suggestions for purchasing games: Scholar’s Choice, Sentry Box (go in person), and Pips Board Game Cafe (not just a cafe, you can purchase games there too). You also never know what treasures you will find at Value Village or your local thrift shop! Always worth a look.
- Dinosaur Escape from Peaceable Kingdom (Co-operative play/memory game)
- Ghost Blaster from HABA (Co-operative play/memory game)
- Game of Life Junior from Hasbro
- Shopping List from Orchard Toys (Memory/matching game)
- Farming Game Kids from Northern Games (three levels of difficulty to play)
- Catch and Count Game from Orchard Toys (number recognition & counting)
- Orchard from HABA (Co-operative play)
- Brandon the Brave from HABA (tile placement/the board is different every game)
Brandon the Brave
- Alles Kanone from Zoch Verlag (memory/matching pirate theme)
- Sushi Go! from Gamewright (set collecting)
- Sleeping Queens from Gamewright (set collecting)