Decided to do a little review of the year, so here it is, in a nutshell, my 2013 tidbits:
Most enjoyed books:
- “Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life” by Barbara Kingslover
- “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen (yes it really was the first time I’ve read it)
- “Barnheart: The Incurable Longing for a Farm of One’s Own” by Jenna Woginrich
Artists whose music I’ve had on repeat:
- The Lumineers
- Mumford & Sons
- Dan Mangan
Best food discovery: kale chips
- Learning to carve out enough time to do my Bubblegum Sass business (which meant asking for help from others to look after Sam & putting my crafting at a higher priority than it has been for a while)
- Living through *major* home renos & coping with no kitchen for three months (hubby & I managed not to kill each other)
- Trying to figure out the balance between being a mom, a wife, a small business owner, a daughter, a sister, a friend, and just being me.
- Being a vendor at Make It! in November in Edmonton with my brother
- Road tripping to Colorado for my cousin’s wedding, staying in Estes Park, and visiting family
- Spending time in the garden and at the cabin with Sam, watching him explore nature & discover so many new things
Glad I finally: got a subscription to Taproot magazine!! So enjoyable in every way! Why didn’t I start reading it sooner?!
Most thankful for: another year with my parents living close-by and being able to spend so much special time with Sam
And now it’s time to take a moment to say “THANK YOU” to all my readers, customers, family & friends. Whichever category you feel you fall into, I have much appreciation for all your support! Looking forward to sharing many more adventures with you in 2014!!